We will continue to add resources to this page regarding services, funding, and information for nonprofit agencies. If you have a resource you think other nonprofit and community leaders should know about, please email that information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federal, State, and Regional COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Websites:
- New River Health District – NRV Road to Wellness
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Virginia Department of Health – COVID-19 in Virginia
- Virginia Dept. of Social Service COVID-19 Resources and Volunteer Opportunities
Funding and Loan Program Resources for Nonprofits:
- Guidance for Business and Nonprofits on CARES Act – Information on Paycheck Protection Program Loans and other resources for small businesses AND nonprofit organizations.
- National Council on Nonprofits – CARES Act information
- Candid – Coronavirus News and National Funding Information
- CFNRV COVID-19 Response Grant Program
- United Way of the New River Valley Impact Fund
- United Way of Southwest Virginia COVID-19 Relief Fund
Resources for Nonprofits and Their Clients:
- NRV Food Access Directory – A list of area food pantries and feeding programs in the NRV
- New River Valley Community Services – Updates on mental health and addiction services offered by NRVCS
- 211 Virginia – Connecting clients with community services
- United Way New River Valley COVID-19 Updates
- Center for Nonprofit Advancement – Coronavirus Resource Tools
- National Council of Nonprofits – Coronavirus Resources for Nonprofits
- Upcoming CFNRV Nonprofit Listening Sessions Via Zoom
Nonprofit Listening Session Recordings
- April 2, 2020 – Welcome and Discussion of Resources for Nonprofits
- April 16, 2020 – Bill Flattery, CEO of Carilion New River Valley Medical Center and Rebecca Richardson, Director of Project Development with Virginia Community Capital
- May 7, 2020 – Sarah Milston, CEO of The Spark Mill on Messaging and Fundraising Considerations for Nonprofits
- May 21, 2020 – Rebecca Moore, Integrative Health Liaison and Trauma Informed Trainer, NRV Community Services on Mental and Emotional Health During COVID-19
- June 18, 2020 – Eric Chapman, Attorney with CowanPerryPC, speaking on safely reopening your workplace and the new Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act.
- August 20, 2020 – Ruth Waalkes and Rachael Carberry of the Moss Arts Center discuss engaging donors and patrons remotely
- September 17, 2020 – Laureen Blakemore of the YMCA at VT, Karen Jones of Radford-Fairlawn Daily Bread, and Linda Jilk of Literacy Volunteers of the NRV speak on recruiting and retaining volunteers during COVID.
- October 15, 2020 – Jeff Dinger with Giles FOCUS, Tina King, Executive Director of NRV Agency on Aging, Kim Thomason, Western Regional Manager for Child Care Aware and Dr. Robin Lemaire, Associate Professor, Virginia Tech Center for Public Administration and Policy on engagement and collaboration in a virtual setting.
- November 19, 2020 – Bill Gilmer, President of Wordprint speaking on year-end giving appeals, and trends to have a successful fundraising campaign.
- January 21, 2021 – Dawn Nulty, Senior Community Manager with MightyCause speaking on 2021 Fundraising strategies.
- February 18, 2021 – COVID-19 Vaccine update by Dr. Pamela Ray with the New River Valley Health District and Eric Chapman, Attorney with CownPerryPC.
- March 18, 2021 – Self-Care Panel Session with Jamie Reygle of InStill Mindfullness, Nicole and Keala with InBalance Yoga, and Rebecca Moore or NRVCS.
- April 15, 2021 – Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion with Blane Harding, the Director of Diversity Engagement and Officer for Inclusion and Diversity at Virginia Tech.
- May 20, 2021 – Grant Writing with the Jessica Wirgau of The Community Foundation of the New River Valley.
- June 17, 2021 – GiveLocalNRV with the CFNRV, Jilly Colby representing Montgomery Museum, Emily Gruver with The June Bug Center & Carolyn Reilly with Springhouse School.
- July 15, 2021 – Succession Planning Panel Session with John McEnhill, Kim Fernandez, and Krystal Thompson with New River Community Action and Jean Haskell and Casey Jenkins with Montgomery Museum.
- August 19, 2021 – Unite Us Platform Launch in the NRV – Laura Thompson, Community Engagement Manager with Unite Virginia
Local Government Websites:
- Floyd County
- Giles County
- Montgomery County
- Pulaski County
- City of Radford
- Town of Blacksburg
- Town of Christiansburg