COVID-19 Updates for Nonprofits
The CFNRV is committed to supporting the New River Valley’s nonprofit organizations and the clients you serve as we navigate the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak together. We know you are seeing an increased demand for services, all while working to keep your staff, volunteers, and clients safe, and to sustain your organization in an uncertain time. You are stepping up when our community needs you most, and the CFNRV is here to support you.
Below are just some of the ways that the CFNRV is responding to these needs. Please visit this page regularly for additional program updates and resources to support your organizations over the next several months.
We recognize that organizations need financial resources to meet increased demand and sustain operations. We continue to evaluate our 2020 grant-making to best meet the needs of organizations during the pandemic. Please read below for information regarding our grant programs:
- COVID-19 Response Grant Program – Organizations can apply through a short, simple online application to receive up to $2,000 in unrestricted funding. We will award grants approximately monthly beginning in April 2020 and extending through at least June. Learn more about our COVID-19 Response Grant Program here.
- Agency Fund Grants – For those organizations that have an endowment with the CFNRV, we moved up our timeline and issued the annual grants from these endowments on March 26th to support your agency’s operations.
- 2019 Grant Evaluations -For those organizations that received a Responsive Grant in November 2019, we recognize that your projects may be delayed or cut short. We will be in touch about the post-grant evaluation, but please know that we will not be holding you to the project timeline and metrics you listed in your application.
Nonprofit Listening Sessions
Sharing information and maintaining connections is critical right now. While we are unable to hold our in-person Third Thursday sessions, we are creating regular online listening sessions via Zoom for nonprofit leaders to talk with one another, detail your needs, and share resources. Here’s how it works:
- Sessions will be held at 8am on the first and third Thursdays of the month, beginning April 2nd
- Details to join the Zoom call can be found under Events. There is no RSVP required.
- To ensure we’re meeting your needs through these calls, we’re asking you to share topics you would like to cover or resources you’d like to share using this simple Google Form. Then we’ll send out the topics we’ll cover in advance and also compile the resources you share on our COVID-19 Resources page.
The GiveLocalNRV platform is designed to be a one-stop shop for donors to support NRV nonprofits. Our annual giving day is June 24th, but we’re not waiting until then to promote the site. The CFNRV will be marketing the GiveLocalNRV platform as a way to support nonprofit agencies amidst the COVID-19 outbreak. Here’s how you can make the most of our marketing:
- If you have not yet registered for GiveLocalNRV:
- Register your nonprofit now to begin using the site. Registration is quick and you’ll be able to build a simple profile and start collecting donations within a couple days.
- If you have already registered:
- Review and update your profile page. This is a great place to list any in-kind donations you need like food and supplies, to recruit volunteers, and to collect financial contributions. Be sure to include contact information so folks can reach out to you to meet volunteer and in-kind needs.
- Consider creating a Fundraiser page. We know the virus is upending fundraising events and creating increased financial needs. A Fundraiser is linked to your profile and allows you to make a specific push for donations.
- Articles and webinars to help you update your profile and support online fundraising efforts can be found on the COVID-19 Response page under Resources on GiveLocalNRV.
We’re continuously collecting information relevant to you and the people you serve. Check out the Resource List for regular updates, including health district and local government sites, our NRV Food Access Directory, information for nonprofits, and much more.