COVID-19 Updates for Nonprofits
The CFNRV is committed to supporting the New River Valley’s nonprofit organizations and the clients you serve as we navigate the pandemic together. We know you are seeing an increased demand for services, all while working to keep your staff, volunteers, and clients safe, and to sustain your organization in an uncertain time. You are stepping up when our community needs you most, and the CFNRV is here to support you. Information about grant opportunities, listening sessions, and resources can be found below.
We recognize that organizations need financial resources to meet increased demand and sustain operations. Please read below for information regarding our grant programs:
- COVID-19 Response Grant Program – We have awarded $76,250 from 39 organizations since launching this program in April. We are no longer accepting new applications to this program, but we encourage organizations to apply for support through the Responsive Grant Program opening June 15th.
- 2020 Responsive Grant Program – We have modified this annual grant program to better respond to community needs during COVID-19. Registered 501c3 organizations and units of local government such as a school or library may apply for up to $4,000 in operating support. The application deadline is Monday, July 27th at 5pm. Learn more about the Responsive Grant Program here.
- Agency Fund Grants – For those organizations that have an endowment with the CFNRV, we moved up our timeline and issued the annual grants from these endowments on March 26th to support your agency’s operations.
- 2019 Grant Evaluations -Organizations that received a grant in 2019 are encouraged, but not required, to submit a post-grant evaluation. We recognize that the pandemic may have altered or delayed your program, but we would still like to hear about your successes and challenges. Failure to complete the post grant evaluation will not preclude you from receiving a grant in 2020.
Nonprofit Listening Sessions
Sharing information and maintaining connections is critical right now. While we are unable to hold our in-person Third Thursday sessions, we are creating regular online listening sessions via Zoom for nonprofit leaders to talk with one another, detail your needs, and share resources. Here’s how it works:
- Sessions will be held at 8am on the first and third Thursdays of the month, beginning April 2nd
- Details to join the Zoom call can be found under Events. There is no RSVP required.
- Recordings and presentation slides from past sessions can be found on the Resources page.
- To ensure we’re meeting your needs through these calls, we’re asking you to share topics you would like to cover or resources you’d like to share using this simple Google Form. Then we’ll send out the topics we’ll cover in advance and also compile the resources you share on our COVID-19 Resources page.
The GiveLocalNRV platform is designed to be a one-stop shop for donors to support NRV nonprofits. Our annual giving day is June 24th, with early giving starting June 1st. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to tell your organization’s story and raise money for your mission. Learn more here.
We’re continuously collecting information relevant to you and the people you serve. Check out the Resource List for regular updates, including health district and local government sites, our NRV Food Access Directory, information for nonprofits, and much more.