Application Deadline: October 15, 2020
Montgomery County and the Towns of Blacksburg and Christiansburg have established a grant fund in response to COVID-19 to support the recovery of nonprofit organizations. The grant program is administered by all three localities with assistance from The Community Foundation of the New River Valley. Funding for the Nonprofit Recovery Grant is provided by the 2020 Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
To be considered for funding, nonprofit organizations must hold a 501(c)3, 501(c)4, or 501(c)6 designation, meet specific eligibility criteria and be able to provide required documentation.
The Nonprofit Recovery Grant is the second grant opportunity offered by the three localities in response to COVID-19. In August, the localities announced a Small Business Recovery Grant and are currently developing a grant opportunity for childcare centers, with additional information to come.
There are a number of eligible grant uses for nonprofit organizations, including but not limited to, maintaining and adjusting core operations, programs and staff. The grant may also be applied to supporting the expansion of programs that mitigate the effects of the pandemic on health, safety and economic security of clients served. Expenses incurred before March 15; those reimbursed by other federal or state funds; or items not deemed ‘necessary’ are ineligible.
- Completion of the grant application outlining the use of funds by October 15.
For full details, and to complete the online grant application, visit one of the following sites:
- Maximum funds available per award will be based on up to 25% of recent annual operating budget or a maximum of $25,000
- One (1) application per nonprofit organization
- Funds will be reviewed by a grant review committee and awarded at one time
- Grant distribution is scheduled to begin in October or November 2020, but the distribution timeline may vary depending on the locality administering the grant and on demand.
Need Help? Have Questions?
- For additional information or questions, please email email@example.com.
- Nonprofits may also reach out to The Community Foundation of the New River Valley for assistance in completing the application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information:
Public Relations Director
Town of Christiansburg
Community Relations Manager
Town of Blacksburg
Jennifer Tatum Harris
Public Information Director