2022 Responsive Grants
The CFNRV 2022 Responsive Grant Program will provide up to $4,000 in operating support to eligible organizations. Funding operating support gives organizations the flexibility to put grant dollars where they are needed most. Read about this year’s grant winners.
For the third consecutive year, the Community Foundation offered its online Grant Catalog for the public to assist with the foundation’s Responsive Grants process. Each year, the foundation has enough money available to fund approximately half of the requests received, so the Grant Catalog serves as a way for community members to engage in the process by making donations that help provide larger grants to more organizations. The Grant Catalog closed this year on October 31.
- Who is Eligible?:
- Organizations serving one of more of the following communities: the counties of Floyd, Giles, Montgomery, Pulaski, and Wythe, and the City of Radford.
- Organizations classified as a 501c(3) tax-exempt organization by the IRS or a unit of government such as a library or school.
- We do not support civic or membership organizations that redistribute money to nonprofit organizations.
- Religious institutions may apply for support for community outreach efforts only. We do not support programs that proselytize or that require clients to engage in religious instruction or activities.
- Amount Available: Up to $4,000
- Funds Can be Used For: Funds can be used at the grantee organization’s discretion.
- Additional Information: We will once again use the online grant catalog to assist CFNRV donors and the general public in contributing to grant awards. After submitting the general application, applicants will be emailed a link in mid-August to complete an online form to appear in the grant catalog.
- Contact Us: If you need assistance, please contact our office at 540-381-8999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org well before the application deadline so we can address your questions.
- General Application
- Confirmation that applicants have read the Grant Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions document
- Primary and secondary area(s) of interest and service area(s)
- Organization overview
- Evidence of impact and effectiveness
- Challenges and efforts to overcome those challenges
- Operating budget
- Required documentation:
- Financial statements
- IRS determination letter
- Board of Directors list
- Supplemental materials
- Letters of support
Important Dates for 2022
- Tuesday, May 31, 2022 -Online grant application opened
- Friday, July 22, 2022 at 5 p.m. – Application deadline
- Mid-September 2022 – Grant catalog opens to Donor Advised Funds
- Late September 2022 – Grant catalog opens to general public
- Late October 2022 – Organizations notified about awards
Questions & Resources
The links below will assist you in completing your online application. If you need further help after consulting these resources, please don’t hesitate to contact CFNRV.