Responsive Grant Program
The CFNRV 2021 Responsive Grant Program will provide up to $4,000 in operating support to eligible organizations. As in 2020, the CFNRV will not be offering programmatic grants. Instead, we want to give grantees the flexibility to put grant dollars where they are needed most. The application will open online on May 31st with a deadline of 5pm on July 23rd. Please read below for important information on eligibility, the application components, and key dates. Plus, you MUST read the Grant Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions before beginning your application.
- Who is Eligible?:
- Organizations serving one of more of the following communities: the counties of Floyd, Giles, Montgomery, Pulaski, and Wythe, and the City of Radford.
- Organizations classified as a 501c(3) tax-exempt organization by the IRS or a unit of government such as a library or school.
- We do not support civic or membership organizations that redistribute money to nonprofit organizations.
- Religious institutions may apply for support for community outreach efforts only. We do not support programs that proselytize or that require clients to engage in religious instruction or activities.
- Amount Available: Up to $4,000
- Funds Can be Used For: Funds can be used at the grantee organization’s discretion.
- Additional Information: We will once again use the online grant catalog to assist CFNRV donors and the general public in contributing to grant awards. After submitting the general application, applicants will be emailed a link in mid-August to complete an online form to appear in the grant catalog.
- Contact Us: If you need assistance, please contact our office at 540-381-8999 or email email@example.com well before the application deadline so we can address your questions.
- General Application: Accessible here beginning May 31st
- Confirmation that applicants have read the Grant Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
- Primary and secondary area(s) of interest and service area(s)
- Organization overview
- Evidence of impact and effectiveness
- Challenges and efforts to overcome those challenges
- Operating budget
- Required documentation: Financial statements, IRS determination letter, and Board of Directors list
- Supplemental materials and letters of support (Optional)
- Grant Catalog Form: Applicants will be emailed a link to complete this form in mid-August
- Organization overview from the general application
- Requested amount – Up to $4,000
Important Dates for 2021
- Monday, May 31, 2021 – Online Grant Application Opens. Apply Here.
- Friday, July 23, 2021 at 5pm – Application Deadline
- November – Grantees will receive a check in mid-November. Details for a Grantee Luncheon are TBD.
Questions and Resources
The resources below will assist you in completing your online application. If you need further help after consulting these resources, please don’t hesitate to contact CFNRV.