2023 Responsive Grants
The application for this grant closed on July 21, 2023 at 5 p.m.
CFNRV 2023 Responsive Grant Program will provide up to $4,000 in operating support to eligible organizations. Funding operating support gives organizations the flexibility to put grant dollars where they are needed most. Read about our 2022 grant winners.
- Who is Eligible?:
- Organizations serving one of more of the following communities: the counties of Floyd, Giles, Montgomery, Pulaski, and Wythe, and the City of Radford.
- Organizations classified as a 501c(3) tax-exempt organization by the IRS or a unit of government such as a library or school.
- We do not support civic or membership organizations that redistribute money to nonprofit organizations.
- Religious institutions may apply for support for community outreach efforts only. We do not support programs that proselytize or that require clients to engage in religious instruction or activities.
- Amount Available: Up to $4,000
- Funds Can be Used For: Funds can be used at the grantee organization’s discretion.
- Additional Information: In 2023, we will not use the public-facing grant catalog.
- Contact Us: If you need assistance, please contact our office at 540-381-8999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org well before the application deadline so we can address your questions.
2023 Important Dates
- Wednesday, May 31, 2023 -Online grant application opens
- Friday, July 21, 2023 at 5 p.m. – Application deadline
- Monday, July 24 to late October: Application review process led by the CFNRV team and grant distribution committee.
- Mid-September 2023 – Grant catalog opens to Donor Advised Funds; this year the catalog will not be open to the public.
- Late October 2023 – Organizations notified about awards
- General Application
- Confirmation that applicants have read the Grant Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions document
- Primary and secondary area(s) of interest and service area(s)
- Organization overview
- Evidence of impact and effectiveness
- Challenges and efforts to overcome those challenges
- Operating budget
- Required documentation:
- Financial statements
- IRS determination letter
- Board of Directors list
- Supplemental materials
- Letters of support
Questions & Resources
The links below will assist you in completing your online application. If you need further help after consulting these resources, please don’t hesitate to contact CFNRV.