Responsive Grant Program
UPDATE FOR 2017: Following feedback from NRV nonprofits gathered in fall 2016, the CFNRV will transition from two, semi-annual grant cycles to a single, annual cycle in 2017. The online application requirements will remain the same, with increases to the amounts that may be requested. Learn more below or checkout the presentation from CFNRV's Grants & GiveBigNRV Road Show in January 2017 which provides more details on these changes.
The NRV Robotics Association received over $1,600 to expand its youth robotics programs in 2016.
The Responsive Grant Program is tailored to make a positive impact in the community by responding to ongoing or emergent community needs as recognized by the area non-profits serving those needs directly. Any registered 501c(3) organization or unit of government operating in the NRV in one of our eight areas of interest is eligible to apply for responsive grants. The Responsive Grant program offers two types of grant support:
General Operating Support:
- Funds to be used for: Any purpose within the organization at the grantee organization's discretion.
- How much is available?: Up to $3,000
- Who is Eligible?: Organizations operating in the NRV with 501c(3) status for at least five years.
- Funds to be used for: Any mission-related purpose within the program, but funds must be used in the specific manner outlined in the grantee's application.
- How much is available?: Up to $5,000
- Who is Eligible?: Any registered 501c(3) organization or units of local government operating within the New River Valley.
Important Dates for the 2017 Responsive Grantmaking Program
- Online Application Opens: Friday, May 26, 2017
- Application Deadline: Friday, July 28, 2017; 5pm
- Recipients Announced: Week of October 30, 2017
- Funds Awarded: November 15, 2017
Live at the Lyric received $2,000 from the CFNRV in 2016.
Questions and Resources
Additional definitions and resources specific to the application you're working on are available inside the online grants system, but the more generalized resources below may also be of assistance. If you need further help after consulting these resources, please don't hesitate to contact CFNRV.
- Responsive Grant Programs FAQ
- Online Grants Portal Technical Support Guide
- Area of Interest Definitions
- Logic Model Template
- Overview of CFNRV Grant Program Changes in 2017
How to Apply
All grant applications and post grant evaluation forms must now be submitted through our online grants management system. All grant programs are administered through the same system, so when you're ready to apply, click the "Apply Now" button below or on any of the grant program pages.