2023 MCEF Grants
The application for this grant closed on July 21, 2023 at 5 p.m.
The Montgomery County Educational Foundation (MCEF) Endowment is a component fund of the CFNRV. MCEF is dedicated to engaging the community and providing sustainable funding to broaden the educational opportunities for all students by empowering educators and encouraging innovation. Beginning in 2023, applicants will apply through the CFNRV’s online application system. Please review program details below.
- Who is Eligible?:
- Educators, support personnel, students, and PTA’s/PTO’s of the public schools within Montgomery County, Virginia as well as Head Start serving Montgomery County, and projects offered through the MCPS central office, Montgomery Central, or the NRV Juvenile Detention Home.
- Amount Available: Up to $1,000
- Evaluation Criteria: MCEF looks for innovative, creative ideas that fall outside the ordinary school budget, yet promise to augment the curricula in a meaningful way. Reviewers consider the following:
- Does the project provide educational opportunities above and beyond what is available through public funding?
- Does the project benefit a broad spectrum of students, at all ages and all levels of abilities?
- Does the project incorporate innovative, creative ideas that fall outside the ordinary school curriculum?
- Does the project demonstrate collaboration between teachers, schools, and/or disciplines?
- Is the project sustainable without a significant annual investment?
- Required Reporting: Grant recipients must complete a final report at the end of the project period, which is also submitted through the online application system. The details of what is required in that report are available in the MCEF Grant Program Terms and Conditions. Grantees who do not submit a final report will not be considered in future funding cycles.
- Contact Information:
- For questions about the application, your proposed project, or past MCEF grants, please contact Jonathan Schulz, MCPS Supervisor of Grants and Innovation at 540-382-5100, ext. 1028 or email email@example.com.
- For questions about using the online application system, please contact the CFNRV at 540-381-8999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To reach MCEF, call 540-382-5100 ext. 1098 or email email@example.com.
2023 Important Dates
- Wednesday, May 31, 2023 -Online grant application opens
- Friday, July 21, 2023 at 5 p.m. – Application deadline
- Monday, July 24 to September-October: Application review process
- September-October 2023 – Applicants notified about awards and checks issued
The links below will assist you in setting up an account in the CFNRV’s online application system, completing your application, and understanding the review criteria.
- MCEF Grant Program Terms and Conditions – Read this before starting your application!
- Online Grants Portal Technical Support Guide – Includes instructions on how to create a new account within the application system
- MCEF Grant Program Webinar June 8, 2023 – This webinar provides an overview of the grant program and application system.
- 2023 MCEF Application – A pdf of the application components
- 2023 MCEF Scoring Rubric – A pdf of the scoring system used by reviewers