How Do I Access Information About My Fund?
The Donor Portal is an online tool for endowed fund holders (or their designees) to easily access up-to-date information about their funds at the Community Foundation. Those using the portal will be known as Fund Advisors within the system.
All endowed fund holders are given the option to “Opt In” to using the donor portal by completing the Donor Portal Opt-In Form and reading and signing the Information and User Guidelines. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 540-381-8999 if you have questions or if you would like to begin using the portal.
How to set up your login
As a fund holder, you must first complete the Donor Portal Opt-In Form and read and sign the Information and User Guidelines. Those should be submitted to the CFNRV via mail or email at email@example.com. CFNRV staff will then send you a login name and a link to access the donor portal via email. Click on the link given and it will send you to a site to create your password. Once you have created your password, go to the login page and enter your username and password to access your fund(s).
Locked out of the donor portal?
The system will lock you out after five attempts at entering the correct username and password. If you are locked out, then please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org. The staff can give you your login and provide a temporary password until you can create your new password.
Selecting the Fund
If you have multiple funds at the CFNRV, you will see the “Choose Fund” menu once you have signed into the donor portal. Choose which account you’d like to view. Note that many CFNRV funds have both an endowed and pass-through (PT) component, and these are tracked in the donor portal as two separate accounts. As such, you will be able to see activity within each of these components separately.
Tabs on the Donor Portal
- Home: shows the fund’s Current Balance plus the Spendable Balance (the amount available to award in grants or scholarships). This area also lists all fund advisors, shows recent contributions to and recent grants made from the fund.
- Choose Fund: is visible if there are other funds to select and view, including separate accounts for your Fund’s endowed and pass-through (PT) components, if applicable.
- Contributions: show all contributions or donations to the fund since January 2010. By clicking on a Contributor’s name, you can bring up their history of contributions.
- Grants: show the history of Grants made from the fund since January 2010.
- Grant Request: allows those with Donor Advised Funds to recommend grants to qualified charitable organizations. More information about how to make a Grant Request can be found below.
- Statements: will show fund statements if they are set up for the fund. Fund Advisors will be able to view newly created fund statements immediately after they are created as well as past fund statements. Statements are available annually.
- Files: includes documents relevant to your fund, including the fund agreement.
- Donate: allows you to make a one-time or recurring donation to your fund. Credit card processing fees will apply.
- Logout: causes you to exit the Donor Portal.
CFNRV prepares annual statements for its funds. These statements are available on the Statements tab of the Donor Portal. When you open a statement, the system will generate a PDF in a new window in your web browser that you may save or print. If you need a statement that is not available through the portal, a monthly or quarterly statement for example, please contact the CFNRV and one will be prepared for you.
Donor Advised fund holders may make grant requests within the portal. Grant Requests are created on the left side of the screen on the Grant Request tab.
If you want to…
- Select a previous grantee or fund: Previous Grantees and Funds that you have given to since 2010 can be selected from drop-down lists.
- Enter a new Grantee: You can manually enter a new grantee organization as well. You will need to enter the name of the organization, the mailing address, zip code and a phone number to move the grant request to the CFNRV for approval. Please note, the CFNRV will verify that the organization is eligible to receive funding and up to date with its financial reporting to the IRS. The CFNRV Board of Directors has ultimate discretion over all grant distributions.
How do I…
- Search for a Grantee? In the middle of the left side of your screen is ‘Search for other Grantees’. This is helpful because you can type in some keywords and click the “Search” button. The system will search GuideStar for organizations containing the keywords. GuideStar is an information service specializing in reporting on U.S. nonprofit corporations. The more keywords used, the better the search results will be.
- Submit a grant request? Once the Grantee information has been added, you can complete the request by clicking the “submit” button at the bottom of the page.
- Review or cancel a grant request? The Grant Request tab will show a list of Grants requested to be paid out on the right with the current status. Grant Requests still in the “request” status can be canceled from this screen.
Remember to use the Logout tab to close your Donor Portal. You will be automatically logged out each night even if you do not log out.
Video Tutorial & More Info
Below is a video tutorial that will help walk you through the login process and features available to you in the portal. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or 540-381-8999.