How do I Access Information about my Fund?
The Donor Portal is an online tool for Fund Advisors to easily access up-to-date information about the funds they manage. Those who have Fund Agreements with the Community Foundation will have a Donor Portal for their fund and the individual who signed the Fund Agreement, or their legal designee will be the person who is granted access to this portal. If you are unsure of who would be the Fund Advisor for your fund, please contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 540-381-8999 and we can tell you the name of the designated Fund Advisor.
How to set up your login:
CFNRV will send you a login name and a link to access the donor portal. This will be sent via email. Click on the link given and it will send you to a site to create your own password. Once you have created your password, go to the login page and enter your username and password.
Locked out of the donor portal:
The system will lock you out after five attempts. If you are locked out, then please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org. The staff can give you your login and provide a temporary password until you can create your new password.
Selecting the Fund:
If you serve as an advisor for multiple funds, you will see the “Choose Fund” menu once you have signed into the donor portal. Choose which account you’d like to view. If you are listed as an advisor for only one fund, it will take you directly to the Home page for that fund.
Tabs on the Donor Portal:
Home shows the Fund’s Current Balance plus the Spendable balance (if applicable). This area also lists all fund advisors, shows recent contributions and recent grants given for the Fund.
Choose Fund is visible if there are other funds to select and view.
Contributions show all contributions or donations to the fund since we moved into CommunitySuite. By clicking on a Contributor’s name, you can bring up their history of contributions.
Grants show the history of Grants made from the fund since we transitioned to CommunitySuite.
Grant Request allows a Fund Advisor to make Grant Requests from the fund’s assets. More information about how to make a Grant Request can be found below.
Statements will show fund statements if they are set up for the fund. Fund Advisors will be able to view newly created fund statements immediately after they are created as well as past fund statements.
Files will be where your fund agreement is housed in case you need to review it.
Donate will be where you can choose to make a one-time or recurring donation to your fund.
Logout will be where you exit the Donor Portal.
CFNRV prepares quarterly statements for its funds. These statements are available on the Statements tab of the Donor Portal. When you open a statement, the system will generate a PDF in a new window in your web browser that you may save or print. If you need a statement that is not available through the portal, a monthly or annual statement for example, please contact CFNRV and one will be prepared for you.
Grant Requests are created on the left side of the screen on the Grant Request tab.
If you want to…
- Select a previous grantee or fund: Previous Grantees and Funds that you have given to can be selected from drop-down lists.
- Enter a new Grantee: The bottom section is where a new Nonprofit or Grantee can be entered manually. You will need to enter the name of the new Grantee, an address, zip code and a phone number to move the grant request to the Community Foundation for approval.
How do I…
- Search for a Grantee? In the middle of the left side of your screen is ‘Search for other Grantees’. This is helpful because you can type in some keywords and click the “Search” button. The system will search GuideStar for organizations containing the keywords. GuideStar is an information service specializing in reporting on U.S. nonprofit companies. The more keywords used, the better the search results will be.
- Submit a grant request? Once the Grantee information has been added, you can complete the request by clicking the “submit” button at the bottom of the page.
- Review or cancel a grant request? The Grant Request tab will show a list of Grants requested to be paid out on the right with the current status. Grant Requests still in the “request” status can be canceled from this screen.
Remember to use the Logout tab to close your Donor Portal. You will be automatically logged out each night even if you do not log out.
For More Information
Below is a video tutorial that will help walk you through the login process and features available to you in the portal. If you need further assistance, please feel free to call us at 540-381-8999.