An Invitation to Join the 1994 Society
The Community Foundation of the New River Valley was founded in 1994 by a small group of volunteers looking for a way to support their community for generations to come. Their dedication and ingenuity in those early days laid the groundwork for our current grant and scholarship programs, and for the regional partnerships that support early education, food access, health, nonprofit leadership, and more. Most importantly, they instilled in our foundation the belief that small gifts, when pooled together, can have a positive and lasting impact in the New River Valley.
We rely on donations to the Fund for the NRV to pursue the vision our founders developed over 25 years ago. These gifts maintain our day-to-day operations and fund our collaborative initiatives. In honor of our founding and the belief that small gifts make a big difference, we invite you to join the 1994 Society with a monthly gift of $19.94 or more. Your gifts to the Fund for the NRV will help us to maintain and grow all aspects of the work we began all those years ago.
- It’s simple! Just set up your recurring monthly gift of $19.94 or more on our 1994 giving page.
- Annual networking event with members only.
- Opportunities to learn about regional needs and projects benefiting your community.
- Listing in the CFNRV Annual Report.
- Listing on this page on our website (see below for our 2023 member list.)
1994 Society Members (2023)
- Paula Alston
- Rosemary Blieszner & Steve Gerus
- Eric Chapman
- Catherine Cotrupi
- Rachel Dalton
- Larkin Dudley
- Piper Durrell
- Karen Eley Sanders
- Terri Fisher & Terry Nicholson
- Emily Gibson
- Claire Gilbert & David Knight
- Annie Heyns
- Janice Litschert
- Lynn Martin
- Jamie M. McReynolds
- David Riggan & Glenna Racer-Riggan
- Ron & Mary Rordam
- Mike Snow
- Peter Weimerskrich