Nonprofit Accelerator Celebration
May 8 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join community leaders, donors, and friends to celebrate the seven agencies completing the Community Foundation’s Inaugural Nonprofit Accelerator.
Drinks & Dessert Reception – 5pm
Agency Presentations & Celebration – 5:30pm
About the Accelerator:
Taking a cue from the business start-up community, the Nonprofit Accelerator is a four-month intensive training and planning experience for nonprofit agencies. We teamed up with The Spark Mill, a Richmond-based consulting firm, and mentors from the NRV’s business and higher education communities to help teams of staff and board members from seven nonprofit agencies take their organizations to the next level. Each identified a core challenge and developed a 30-60-90 day action plan to overcome that challenge.
The 2019 Nonprofit Accelerator is made possible with a generous gift from Norman and Nancy Eiss to The Fund for the NRV.
Participating Agencies & Mentors:
- Blue Mountain School: Mentor, Tracy Kwock, VA Dept. of Education
- Christiansburg Institute, Inc.: Mentor, Jill Williams, Wide Angle Strategies
- Lyric Council: Mentor, Kathy Krendl, Retired President, Otterbein University
- Montgomery Museum of Art & History: Mentor, Greg Reiter, TORC Robotics
- Pulaski Arts & Cultural Collective: Mentor, Lisa Garcia, VT I-Corps Program
- Springhouse Community School: Mentor, Henry Bass, Automation Creation, Inc.
- Wonder Universe, A Children’s Museum: Mentor, Shelley Fortier, Habitat for Humanity of the NRV