Livability in Action Regional Exchange 2019
March 7 @ 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
The 2019 5th Annual Livability in Action Regional Exchange will provide an opportunity to come together, network, share and learn about new and exciting work underway across the region that supports the goals and priorities of the Livability Initiative and to identify potential partnerships and collaborations.
This year’s event will have a lightning round of 10 speakers, an engaging review of regional data and trends, a policy panel to provide insights on how we might address challenging community issues and a networking lunch.
Here is a sneak peek at some of the lightning round speakers…
- When in ROAM: A New Bike Share Program, Brad Epperley, Town of Christiansburg
- Gone FISHin’: Better Housing in a Weekend, Susan Icove, Floyd Initiative for Safe Housing
- Back to School: Pulaski Brings New Life to the Calfee School, Alison Hunter, YMCA and Jill Williams, Community Member
- What’s Cooking in the Prices Fork Kitchen? Eric Bucey and Jessica Schultz, Beans and Rice
- The Missing Middle: Understanding Obstacles to Career Advancement Jenny Bolte, New River Mount Rogers Workforce Investment Board
- The Water Quality Conundrum: Metrics versus Expectations, Dr. Larry Willis, Department of Environmental Quality
- Building Blocks and Stumbling Blocks: Smart Beginnings Early Childhood Needs Assessment, Meghan Pfliederer, Smart Beginnings NRV
- When the Funds Don’t Fit: Barriers to Home Modifications for an Aging Population, Elisabeth Willis, NRV Home Consortium and Shelley Fortier, NRV Habitat for Humanity
- Health, It’s Complicated: Findings from our regional Community Health Needs Assessment, Ashley Hash, Carilion and Dr. Nicole Bissell, New River Valley Health District
Registration starts at 8:30am and the program starts at 9am. Free lunch is included.