First Steps Virtual Meet Yourself: Navigating Remote Teaching and Learning
November 18, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
The COVID-19 pandemic has drastically changed education this year, with children and families navigating hybrid and remote learning for the first time. This virtual Meet Yourself session includes public school officials and childcare providers sharing insights and best practices for supporting students and parents both during and after school hours. The panelists include:
- Emily Altizer, Montgomery County Public Schools
- Jessica Cromer, Floyd County Public Schools
- Veronica Fitch, New River Community Action Head Start
- Rob Graham, Radford City Public Schools
- Kathryn Thompson, Radford Early Learning Center
- Lincoln Whitaker, Pulaski County Public Schools
Please register below to receive the Zoom link and call-in information.
First Steps is a network of agencies and individuals working to support young children and families in the New River Valley. Composed of representatives from childcare centers, social service and healthcare agencies, enrichment programs, and public school officials, First Steps works to share information about the importance of early childhood education and development.