- This event has passed.
Sign-up opens for the 2024 GiveLocal Giving Day
Thursday, February 15 All day
The GiveLocalNRV Giving Day harnesses the generosity of the New River Valley community by raising funds and awareness for nonprofits serving our region during the month of June. The online event culminates in a 24-hour period of giving with incentive grants and prizes funded by sponsors. Donors are encouraged to support their favorite organizations with a donation of $5 or more to help those organizations reach their goals.
Since 2014, the event has raised nearly $3.6 million for local nonprofits. The CFNRV broadly promotes Giving Day and individual nonprofit organizations are responsible for promoting their work. Each year, early giving for the event kicks off on June 1, so nonprofits have the opportunity to fundraise in the weeks leading up to the Giving Day.
- Sign-up for the annual Giving Day event will open on Thursday, February 15. Organizations that wish to participate in the event must sign-up each year even if they have participated in the past. This allows our team to anticipate who plans to actively participate in the event.
- Sign-up by March 15 to have a chance to win one of two $500 prizes. Organizations that sign-up between February 15 and March 15 will be entered into a drawing to win one of two $500 prizes. Prizes will be randomly drawn the week of March 18.
- Sign-up will close on Wednesday, May 15.
- Early giving for the event will open on June 1. There are four types of donations that are allowed to be counted toward an organization’s fundraising totals. 1) Online donations made through the GiveLocalNRV site; Three types of “offline” donations: 2) Cash, 3) Checks, 4) Wire transfers
- The Giving Day will be noon to noon from Wednesday, June 26 to Thursday, June 27.