The CFNRV is seeking an enthusiastic intern to assist the our team with communications and event planning projects, including the 30th anniversary of the foundation and the annual online GiveLocalNRV Giving Day. This position reports to the assistant director and will be responsible for assisting with the following aspects of the foundation’s work, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with the planning of and carrying out the CFNRV’s communication strategy on social media (Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn), through press releases, and on the Foundation’s website, cfnrv.org.
- Capturing photos and videos at events.
- Assisting with the planning for the GiveLocalNRV Giving Day, held each June, including answering nonprofit partner questions, updating the givelocalnrv.org website, and writing update emails.
- Assisting with creating the content strategy for the CFNRV’s 30th anniversary, which will culminate in the celebration of the anniversary at a gala in October.
- Assisting with logistics for in-person CFNRV events.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, have strong attention to detail, be willing to learn, be familiar with the New River Valley, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have experience with photography and videography, and have an interest in nonprofit work. Diverse candidates from across backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Hourly Rate, Schedule, & Internship Credit: The hourly wage is $15, with 10 hours a week available until the end of 2024. Hours are flexible to the intern’s schedule. The position will work out of the Foundation’s office in Blacksburg, Virginia with the flexibility to work some hours remotely. The CFNRV team welcomes students interested in pursuing this internship for credit in addition to the hourly wage.
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to the hiring manager, Lindsey Gleason, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ideally, the candidate would start on or before February 15, 2024.
About the CFNRV & GiveLocalNRV: The CFNRV is a publicly supported, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that helps individuals, families, and businesses create and sustain a vibrant, supportive community, now and for generations to come. We match our donors’ unique interests, ideas, and passions with the charitable organizations making a positive impact in our region every day. Since beginning our work in 1994, the CFNRV has worked with donors to create more than 200 endowed funds that support nonprofit organizations and students in our community each year through grants and scholarships. Learn more at cfnrv.org.
GiveLocalNRV is a virtual fundraising platform offered all year to nonprofits serving the NRV. The signature event for this initiative is our annual giving day. The giving day harnesses the generosity of the NRV community by raising funds and awareness for nonprofits serving our region during the month of June. The online event culminates in a 24-hour period of giving with incentive grants and prizes funded by sponsors. Since 2014, the event has raised nearly $3.6 million for nonprofits. Learn more at cfnrv.org/givelocalnrv.